Thursday, January 3, 2013

Inspired By...#56

Well here we are in the year 2013!  I am looking forward to the upcoming year, how about you?

I thought an adorable winter photo would be a good one for this week and this snowman one was perfect.  

What can you do with this photo?  snowmen, buttons, texture, knitting, two, the sketch, snow, winter... so many ways

I went with the colors and feel of the photo and inked up some new Papertrey Ink stamps (Knit Bits and Background Basics: Striped Sweater).  I also used my My Favorite Things snowflake and alphabet dies.  Finally tied it off with some May Arts Jute Twine.
Do you recognize anything?  Yes it is very similiar to my last weeks card isn't it?

Just a close up of all the texture on this card.

Since it is the first challenge of the month I have a prize up for grabs this week.  


I can't wait to see what you do!

Rules for Playing:

Create a NEW project for this challenge.
Be sure to link your blog with a direct link to the post you would like me to visit.
Please put a link on your post to this challenge.
Create a project with no more than 5 challenges including this challenge.
Feel free to use any crafting products you have!



7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful!! LOVING the snowflakes!!!

~amy~ said...

love the white and grey....love your card!

Karen Day said...

Oh, I love that whole line of Papertrey knitting stamps! I also just realized that I made a card last night for last week's challenge and forgot to hook it up! Hopefully my holiday brain will kick into gear and I'll do it correctly this week :o)

Rose said...

beautiful card to start a new year :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous! And yes, fabulous texture! Totally love those inspiration snowmen, too........I pinned those guys the other day. Love how they inspired you with this card design!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful wintry creation Laurel, and adorable inspiration!

maria f. said...

Found you at Feline Playful and just adored the inspiration photo - the contrast of the the snow and the wooly hat. Fun!